CASA Advocate Supervisor
POSITION: CASA Advocate Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: CASA of the Tenth Judicial Circuit
WORK LOCATION: Peoria and Tazewell Counties
WORK HOURS: Full Time Exempt Position
DUTIES: Management of volunteer advocates working with abused and neglected children. Help develop case plans and on-going strategies for advocacy. Review, file and distribute court reports. Attend court hearings and agency case staffing. Maintain case files, track volunteer status and child outcomes. Assist in recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers. Facilitate assignments of advocate volunteers and distribute documentation. Conduct in-service trainings, assist with volunteer appreciation procedures and assist with organizational events.
· Bachelor's degree in social service - related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary
· Ability to communicate, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
· Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
· Experience with volunteers given preference
· Able to work evenings and Saturdays during training
· Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics, within families in crises, relating to child abuse and neglect given preference
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail and deadlines
· Commitment to CASA's goals and mission.
· Being a part of our organization offers employees the following benefits:
· Higher purpose by offering social service leadership, hope and kindness to the children we serve
· Add value to the community in which we work and live
· Opportunity for personal growth and development
· Group health insurance benefits
· Vacation package
· Rich and diverse workplace
Equal Employment Opportunity: CASA of the Tenth Judicial Circuit is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all of its employees. This commitment means CASA of the Tenth Judicial Circuit actively seeks and employs qualified persons in all job classifications, and administers all personnel actions affecting employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation or any other classes protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, retention and training, as well as to all other privileges, personnel programs, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of employment. CASA of the Tenth Judicial Circuit does not tolerate discrimination against applicants for employment or employees.
Job Type: Full-time Click on the highlighted title below to apply.